Friday, March 16, 2007

On being poor...

So I am way too poor. I am almost 30 and working in a great industry yet I can't buy lunch today because I have $1 and change to my name. You see I worked at an ad agency through the entire 9/11 downfall of advertising and made it through without being laid off. BUT because of that I didn't make any money either. I stayed there for almost 8 years and was making the salary of about a junior level person. EEEK.

Then came the new job...fell into my lap and I took it. I started this past Monday and the job pays significantly more money. Almost double my old salary! That's a lot of moola. So I am about to go from poor to comfortable. However, there's a catch...I don't get paid at the new job until the end of the month...and I didn't work a full 2 weeks at my last job so the paycheck won't be full (the paycheck I could barely live on before) and what's worse...they are mailing me my final check so I have no idea when I am going to get it.

So for the time being, I am almost 30, and too poor to eat.