Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wow I'm behind...

The best laid plans...I got super busy and haven't updated this in awhile, and now I will.

Lets see, I am on my third week of working in the new spot, which means I get paid this Friday...I am so excited to see that money! I plan on buying the following:

• New shoes
• Some new clothes
• Some books
• Possibly a PS2 and Guitar Hero (for serious)

The guy next to me has finally stopped his secret masturbating, I think someone said something to him. Though the other day I caught him peeking through the window part into my office. Weirdo.

OK so that's the work wrapup.

Improv...
I am supremely excited about pH's new show, pHamily the Musical. Mike Descoteaux is a brilliant director and is super excited about putting this show together. I really think its going to be a huge hit for pH. We had our second core cast rehearsal last night and we are already putting together improvised verses, and he is giving us really great tricks to work from. Last night was the first all cast rehearsal in awhile too, and we announced the plan to break the group up into 3 mini groups going forward. Tuesdays are now officially my longest day...Work 8:30-5, Musical 6-8:30, General rehearsal 8:30-10. Egads.

This past weekend was another decent weekend, pHreedom pHalls finally hit a home run. Decent crowd and the show was really great. Everyone was on point and Alaina and Brad really stole the show, it was a good feeling. We didn't have pHrenzy that night due to poor audience turnout (stupid warm weather). Earlier on Friday night I had my last Friday show with Mr. Fahrenheit for awhile. The new schedule came out and we were put back to a mid-major schedule, so no more awesome weekends of shows. We went out with a bang though, the show was off the hook funny. I said it before and I'll say it again, this is a great team. MVP honors go to Sharon Kom this week for setting up a ballsy second beat that had the audience gasping with shock and laughter. Saturday night started with a Pastor show. What can I say about Pastor? Its just fun. We have the most ridiculous silly fun shows. This was no exception. I really had a blast and it was a good time. There was a moment of tension when one of the players decided to give us all a slightly negative note. I got a little panicked that this was going to start happening. I mean, don't get me wrong, his note was right, but I don't think its a good idea for someone who was in the show to give notes, and Pastor is not that kind of team. After Pastor, I headed over to Stage Left to do my first pHamily show in a long while. It was a pretty good show, good turnout and a pretty well-acted affair. I keep thinking of how much more fun its going to be when we can sing, but its still a fun show. pHrenzy pHucked that night was packed again, and Brad Norman hosted as Pete Aycher, pH's biggest fan. I can't decide if I think the chracter, helped or hurt our image. He was a big geeky guy that was lonely, etc...The show was really fun and Adal prevailed again. 4 in a row for that kid, he's on a roll. That show keeps me on my toes, because its so different and is always on the cusp of teetering into a dark place, but its been pretty solid for a month now. We even got a 4 star rating on GoldStar, so that's cool.

Sunday...probably one of the most fun Robbers rehearsals in a long time. There were just the four of them, but they worked their asses off, and it was a great productive rehearsal. Of note, a new warmup came called 3 Chair to Get. I can't explain it. Loyola was really productive too. Those kids are phenoms. Just so open to being brutally coached by me and my assistant, Cameron...they are great sports and working hard. They are performing more now so that's good too.

All in all a good week since last post. I am slow again at work, so there will be more later.

All I can close with is this:


HOLY CRAP.
Should I be this excited and this old?
HOLY CRAP.

No comments: